Minor annoyance with Windows Help in pgAdmin III

From: Alan Corey <acorey(at)registrar(dot)umass(dot)edu>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Minor annoyance with Windows Help in pgAdmin III
Date: 2005-03-22 14:54:31
Lists: pgadmin-support

This is only an annoyance, not a major bug.

The help window is too much a child of the application window. If I have the application open, then click the help button, Help opens, and I can minimize it when I'm done. If I then minimize the application, when I pop it back up the help comes up on top of it. Minimizing the application makes the icon for the minimized help go away, as though it's been absorbed somehow.

This is with pgAdmin 1.2.0, under Windows 2000.

I have found that a workaround is to open Help from the Start Menu shortcut, then the two function independently. With most programs though, this is what happens when opening Help from within the program.

The help is pretty good, as is the program, and I'm a newbie so I use help often.

Alan Corey