Re: Upgrade to postgresql 8.01

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andrei Bintintan <klodoma(at)ar-sd(dot)net>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgrade to postgresql 8.01
Date: 2005-03-19 18:51:47
Lists: pgsql-admin

Tom Lane wrote:

>"Andrei Bintintan" <klodoma(at)ar-sd(dot)net> writes:
>

>>I use Suse Linux 9.1. Everything worked fine exept a single thing: YAST =
>>always says that libdb-4.1.so is required by postgresql server( I think =
>>it requires the db4.1).
>>

>Postgres does not use libdb at all.

No, but RPM does. I am guess that the package was compiled up for
possibly SuSE 9.0? The error is reasonably harmless but you are
going to break your RPM dependency requirements. If you ever
use an auto-updater PostgreSQL might likely break because the updater
will change the packages around.

I would suggest grabbing the .src.rpm and compiling it.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> Sounds to me like a packaging error
>on Suse's part ... suggest complaining to them.
>
> regards, tom lane

>TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org

Attachment Content-Type Size
jd.vcf text/x-vcard 285 bytes