Re: Connecting using Paradox 10

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: willy bas <willybas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connecting using Paradox 10
Date: 2005-03-18 08:21:19
Lists: pgsql-odbc

willy bas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to psql, as you might notice from the subject of this post.
> I'm sorry for bothering you with this extremely basic post.
>
> However, i just cant succeed to connect to my psql database when using
> Paradox 10.
> With Access, it's no problem at all.
>
> I keep getting the error "invalid configuration parameter" (Nr 12550
> [$31] [$ 6]), which might mean that i'm leaving somethin blank that i
> shouldn't, but there doesn't seem to be any documentation available
> whatsoever, probably because it's too simple for words....

Well, I think it's a Borland error rather than a postgresql one. There's
a list here and 12550 matches yours (it's also listed as $3106 which is
the hexadecimal version of the error-number)
http://www.delphifaq.com/fq/q0004.shtml

> Now here's my input:
> Type PostgreSQL
> BATCH COUNT 200
> BLOB SIZE 32
> BLOBS TO CACHE 64
> DATABASE NAME MyDB
> ENABLE BCD FALSE
> ENABLE SCHEMA CHACHE FALSE
> LANGDRIVER --is blank--
> MAX ROWS -1
> ODBC DSN MyDB
> OPEN MODE READ/WRITE
> ROWSET SIZE 20
> SCHEMA CACHE DIR --is blank--
> SCHEMA CACHE SIZE 8
> SCHAMA CAHCE TIME -1
> SQL PASSTHROUGH MODE SHARED AUTOCOMMIT
> SQLQRYMODE --is blank--
> USERNAME IAmMe

There's a mention of something similar here with Oracle ODBC and Paradox:
http://www.wisc.edu/drmt/configureODBC.html

I don't know if that's any help? Hopefully it'll point in the right
direction.
--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd