Re: prevent users from seeing pl/pgsql code in

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Merlin Moncure <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: prevent users from seeing pl/pgsql code in
Date: 2005-03-16 16:59:13
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Merlin Moncure wrote:
> Is there any relatively easy way to, uh, prevent your users from seeing
> some/all of your pl/pgsql code in pgAdmin? :) A by schema solution
> would be ideal.

I could think of an additional option for schema names that should be
treated as system schema (like the Slony-I and pgAgent schema), but
there's no solution to prevent reengineering that's not done on the
server side. And coding sophisticated algorithms in plpgsql is for
masochists only anyway ;-)

Regards,
Andreas