supporting 2000 simultaneous connections.

From: Shiva Sarna <shiva(dot)sarna(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: supporting 2000 simultaneous connections.
Date: 2007-02-28 06:15:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am working on a web application where the front end is struts framework and back end is PgSQL 7.4.

The client want us to support 2000 simultaneous users. My question is will there be any performance degradation if I increase the max_connections of pgsql to 2000.

Is there a limit to maximum number of simultaneous user supoorted by pgsql.

thanks for your time and help.

regards

Shiva