Defining functions accepting sets

From: Keith Worthington <KeithW(at)NarrowPathInc(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Defining functions accepting sets
Date: 2005-03-09 03:58:31
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi All,

I am beginning to create functions that perform writes and retrievals
from the database in order to further insulate the database from the
user and simplify the client side programming. I have been reading the
function documentation and am impressed with the ability of functions to
return sets. What I haven't found yet is a reference to a function
accepting a set. Is this possible? If a client application has a set
of data what is the best way to get it into the database?

--
Kind Regards,
Keith