Re: Display Pg buffer cache (WIP)

From: Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)coretech(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Display Pg buffer cache (WIP)
Date: 2005-03-08 08:25:16
Lists: pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> I would rather see this as a contrib module.  There has been *zero*
> consensus that we need this in core, nor any discussion about whether
> it might be a security hole.

Hmmm, I guess my motivation for thinking it might be useful in core was
that it was similar to 'pg_locks' and 'pg_stats', i.e. exposing some
internals in a convenient queryable manner (useful for problem solving).

On the security front, I should have added a 'REVOKE ALL ...FROM PUBLIC'
on the view to at least control access (fortunately easy to add).

cheers

Mark