Re: Pgadmin GUI fails with relocation error.

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: Kenneth Andreassen <kenneth(at)portit(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pgadmin GUI fails with relocation error.
Date: 2005-03-06 21:54:59
Lists: pgadmin-support

Kenneth Andreassen wrote:
> After starting the Pgadmin III 1.2.0 GUI on a Debian I manage to enter a
> server address and name and such. But when i either do a refresh or try
> to click on the server entry it shuts down and i get:
>
> pgadmin3: relocation error: pgadmin3: undefined symbol: PQgetssl
>
> I have tried to log debug but do not get any info on the reason for this
> behaviour.
>
> Any Ideas ?

Hi Kenneth,

did you get any answer concerning this particular problem?
If not (first of all sorry for the delay!), can you give more detail
concerning your configuration? I mean, do you use the official debian
package or an own build? On which arch are you using pgAdmin (x86,
ppc,...)? Where is your server located? What options do you select in
pgAdmin to connect to your server? What version of server are you using?
On which platform?
Eventually, can you provide a backtrace of the process when it crashes?

Regards,
Raphaël