Re: Import csv file into multiple tables in Postgres

From: "Todd Lewis" <lewis-todd(at)sbcglobal(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Import csv file into multiple tables in Postgres
Date: 2005-03-01 09:14:25
Lists: pgsql-novice

Standard method is to copy into an interface table. Once the data is
loaded into the interface you can them import it into the tables that
you want.

If this is a process that is run several times, then perl could be
used to script your import into an interface table and then
subsequently moving the data to the tables you want.