Re: basic trigger using OLD not working? >>THANKS!

From: Rick Casey <rick(dot)casey(at)colorado(dot)edu>
To: Sven Willenberger <sven(at)dmv(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: basic trigger using OLD not working? >>THANKS!
Date: 2005-02-28 16:23:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Hey, thanks to everyone who replied to my questions: problem solved!

I needed to: 1) do BEFORE DELETE to see the OLD variables, and 2) use a
placeholder in my format string in the RAISE EXCEPTION/NOTICE statement.

Open source newsgroups rock!

--rick

Rick Casey, Research Associate
Institute for Behavioral Genetics