Re: Postgresql on Solaris versus Linux

From: Naomi Walker <nwalke(at)eldocomp(dot)com>
To: "Tomeh, Husam" <htomeh(at)firstam(dot)com>
Cc: PgSQL Admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgresql on Solaris versus Linux
Date: 2005-02-25 17:50:16
Lists: pgsql-admin
Tomeh, Husam wrote:
> I know PostgreSQL favorite platform is Linux. Management at my workplace
> might is interested on trying PostgreSQL on Solaris. To me, it's like
> moving Oracle from Solaris platform to IBM AIX platform. PostgreSQL
> should work fine in either platforms; however the vast majority of
> implementation (and thus support, experience, etc) on Linux. Does anyone
> know whether having PostgreSQL on Solaris would be a bad idea?

We run Postgres on a cluster of Sun V1280's running Solaris 9 and have
no issues.

We also run Postgres on Linux machines, but also plan to use x86 Solaris
9 on an commidity server.

Naomi
Naomi Walker                          Chief Information Officer
Eldorado Computing, Inc.              nwalker(at)eldocomp(dot)com 602-604-3100
Courage is the power to let go the familiar.         -Raymond Lindquist

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Ben KimDate: 2005-02-25 18:24:08
Subject: Database audit / Associating a statement with connection
Previous:From: Tomeh, HusamDate: 2005-02-25 17:37:34
Subject: Postgresql on Solaris versus Linux