Re: Problem with 7.4.5 and webmin 1.8 in grant function

From: Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)coretech(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: amrit(at)health2(dot)moph(dot)go(dot)th
Cc: PGsql-performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with 7.4.5 and webmin 1.8 in grant function
Date: 2005-02-23 20:30:50
Lists: pgsql-performance

amrit(at)health2(dot)moph(dot)go(dot)th wrote:

> I got the answer that is in module config of postgresl-webmin , there is a check
> box for
>
> Use DBI to connect if available? yes no the default is
> yes , but if I choosed no everything went fine.
>
> I also test it in the desktop mechine and get the same error and the same
> solution. Could you explain what happen to the FC3 + postgresql and webmin 1.8?

Well, given the error was coming from the postmaster, I don't believe
that DBI or webmin have anything to do with it. What I can believe is
that DBI=yes and DBI=no are using different parameters for connecting,
therefore hitting different parts of your old (see below) pg_hba.conf
settings.

I concur with the other poster, and suspect that the files *were* using
some form of ident identification, but have been subsequently edited to
use trust - but the postmaster has not been restarted to know this! Try

$ pg_ctl reload

to get running with 'trust'.