Re: Next Meeting

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Chris Velevitch <chris(dot)velevitch(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: sydpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Next Meeting
Date: 2005-02-22 22:34:35
Lists: sydpug
Chris Velevitch wrote:
> Where and when is the next meeting?

The next meeting is March 1st (we meet on the first Tuesday of every
month). The normal meeting location is the James Squire Brewhouse[1],
and AFAIK we're meeting there this month. (Hmm, this information would
be good to include on the website.)

Gavin informs me that I'll be giving a talk about the recent ARC patent
situation[2]. Anand is also going to give a talk about migrating an open
source project from MySQL to PostgreSQL.

BTW, future talks may include:

- a status report on Slony II (multi-master replication for PostgreSQL),
with Gavin (and possibly Jan Wieck if he is in town)

- a talk on optimizer internals. That's the topic of my talk at this
year's LCA, so it would be good to have a practice run at a meeting of
sydpug.

- Gavin is thinking of giving a talk on performance tips and tricks.

If you'd like to speak on any subject, please feel free to get in touch
with Anand, Gavin or myself.

Cheers,

Neil

[1] http://www.malt-shovel.com.au/brewhouse.asp?Sydney=true