Re: Problem with 7.4.5 and webmin 1.8 in grant function

From: Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)coretech(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: amrit(at)health2(dot)moph(dot)go(dot)th
Cc: PGsql-performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with 7.4.5 and webmin 1.8 in grant function
Date: 2005-02-20 22:58:43
Lists: pgsql-performance

amrit(at)health2(dot)moph(dot)go(dot)th wrote:
> I newly installed the postgresql 7.4.5 and FC 3 in my server and transfer the
> data from 7.3.2 with just a few problems. After I use the webmin 1.8 to config
> the grant previllage to the users ,I found that there is an error in the grant
> previlege .
> postgresql --> Grant Previlege --> error
>
> select relname, relacl from pg_class where (relkind = 'r' OR relkind = 'S') and
> relname !~ '^pg_' order by relname : Unknown DBI error
>
> What is the cause of this error and how could I handle this order?
> Please make any comment, Thanks.

I would suspect a DBI/DBD installation issue, either perl DBI cannot
find DBD-Pg (not installed ?) or DBD-Pg cannot find your Pg 7.4.5.

I note that FC3 comes with Pg 7.4.6 - did you installed 7.4.5 from
source? If so this could be why the perl database modules cannot find it
(you may need to rebuild DBD-Pg, telling it where your Pg install is).

regards

Mark