Re: Patch adding name for NotImplemented

From: "Xavier Poinsard" <xpoinsard(at)free(dot)fr>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch adding name for NotImplemented
Date: 2005-02-11 09:34:46
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, Xavier Poinsard wrote:
>

>>I had some time in the train, so here is a patch adding function name to
>>  notImplemented().
>

> It seems reather inconsistent, it uses all of the following description
> types:
>  - Blob.truncate
>  - setBinaryStream
>  - getArray With Map
>  - fetch(ResultCursor, ResultHandler, int)

Yes, I changed my mind during the process. I will try to clear some issues.

One problem is that the Exception is sometime used not for an entire
function but only when the function is used with a particular argument.
Other functions with same names are only implement with some sets of
arguments.

Would you prefer the full version :

Interface.functionname(type1,type2) ?

> These need to be consistent.  Also some of the claims are inaccurate, for
> example Statement.setURL, Statement.getURL are actually from
> PreparedStatement and CallableStatement respectively.

It will require additional work since I will have to look not only in
the code.

> Finally this patch doesn't actually have a change to Driver.notImplemented
> to make it work.

Oops, I missed Driver.java.in.