Re: Compiling using Visual Studio 2003

From: Paul Cochrane <paul(dot)m(dot)cochrane(at)tuht(dot)scot(dot)nhs(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compiling using Visual Studio 2003
Date: 2005-02-10 15:22:37
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Dave Page wrote:

> [...]
Good show. I can now compile using the makefile. Maybe you can add this
info to run vcvar32.bat to the readme.txt file? I did read this file but
knew nothing about running the batch file beforehand (not knowing much
about visual studio).

>>I can fix it in code but this would break the compatibility of using
>>either the paradox tables or postgres tables. I would have to
>>have two
>>different versions of each form etc & record many lines of
>>code to say
>>"If in postgres add a public. to every table name" which is a
>>huge pest
>>& I don't want to have two version of each form to try & keep in sync
>>with each other.
>>

>You can't abstract it into a macro or function - i.e. in your forms have
>something like
>
>EXECUTE("SELECT * FROM " + FixName("MyTable"));
>
>(bearing in mind I know nothing about Paradox)?

SQL querying in paradox is straight forward. I can just give it the name
of the table without any schema. It the rest of the interface & data
models which breaks things when schemas are present in the table names.
Querying Postgres is quite simple to get working but the data models are
another story. It's a bloody pest really. Sometimes I wish I knew
nothing about paradox as well!!

--
Paul Cochrane (paul(dot)m(dot)cochrane(at)tuht(dot)scot(dot)nhs(dot)uk)