Compiling using Visual Studio 2003

From: Paul Cochrane <paul(dot)m(dot)cochrane(at)tuht(dot)scot(dot)nhs(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Compiling using Visual Studio 2003
Date: 2005-02-10 11:05:48
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi there

I'm trying to compile the psqlodbc driver using visual studio 2003. I'm
not an expert at this program but have managed to get it to compile (&
work) with tons of warnings. Does anyone know if (a) this is usual to
get all these warnings on compiling in windows and (b) should I worry
about any of them?

My reasons for compiling are that I'm hoping to hack the driver a little
to allow me to use Paradox to connect to a more recent version of
Postgres. I'm currently limited to using 7.2.X as that was the last
version that did not use schemas. I think with a little hacking I'll be
able to hide the "information_schema" and also the "public." from the
table names returned to Paradox through ODBC (indeed I've already
figured out how to do this but am having another issue that I've not
worked through yet).

Thanks for any response
Paul

--
  Paul Cochrane       (paul(dot)m(dot)cochrane(at)tuht(dot)scot(dot)nhs(dot)uk)
+--------------------------------------------------------
| Tayside Orthopaedic & Rehabilitation Technology Centre
| Ninewells Hospital & Medical School
| Dundee, Scotland, UK.
| DD1 9SY
| Phone: Internal: 36284
|        External: +44 (1382) 496284
| Fax:   +44 (1382) 496322

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2005-02-10 11:20:52