Re: Please change link to pginstaller

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)alcove(dot)com(dot)au>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please change link to pginstaller
Date: 2005-02-10 01:50:35
Lists: pgsql-www

Magnus Hagander wrote:
<snip>
> I think it's better to direct downloads to the standard way. It gives us
> download tracking ;-), and it also makes it appear more as "the official
> postgresql installer" (which I beleive it is).

We might be able to update the download counting script to redirect to
Gavin's servers for the pginstaller version.

Also, since he's running the pginstaller server, he can probably make
reciprocal scripts for sending stats back to us for counting with in
case something's missed.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

<snip>

--
"One who sees the invisible can do the impossible."
+ Frank Gaines