Percent of update completed

From: Colin McGuigan <cmcguigan(at)earthcomber(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Percent of update completed
Date: 2005-02-07 15:01:27
Lists: pgsql-novice

Is there a way to see how many rows of a table have been processed by an
update? I've got an update on a 13,000,000 row table that's been
running for five days now. Five days is a good long time, especially
considering the size of the table, so I'm suspecting a problem. CPU is
pegged at 100%, so I'm relatively sure it's not an I/O bound issue. But
I'd hate to kill it if it's, say, 90% of the way through. No way I can
see to tell, though.

--Colin McGuigan