Re: view + explain + index scan -> bogus varno: 65001 (with some variations)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jon Nelson <jnelson+pgsql(at)jamponi(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: view + explain + index scan -> bogus varno: 65001 (with some variations)
Date: 2011-07-01 20:27:36
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Jon Nelson <jnelson+pgsql(at)jamponi(dot)net> writes:
> With 8.4.7, I ran into an issue trying to explain a VIEW query.
> After much effort, I distilled the query down and was able to
> replicate the issue with a test script, included below.

FWIW, I can't reproduce such a failure with current 8.4 branch (nor any
other). It's possible this has been fixed since 8.4.7, but I don't
immediately see any commit log entries that look related. Another
possibility is that there's something nondefault about your environment,
for instance nondefault values for planner cost parameters, and the
example depends on those to work (or rather, not work).