Performance issue

From: Pascal Van Puymbroeck <pascal(dot)vanpuymbroeck(at)zenonproductions(dot)be>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Performance issue
Date: 2005-02-05 09:16:22
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi folks,

I would like to solve a strange behaviour I encountered using Postgresql
8.0.1 on windows.  Connecting to the database is OK, but when running a
query to the database, its terribly slow.  The fact is that I need the
database to be running on the same machine, my application is.  So I
connect to either localhost, 127.0.0.1 or 192.168.0.1.  Strangly enough
I placed my application on my portable and connected from there to my pc
and now the queries are amazingly fast.
Is this something I can fix by some special setting or is it inevitably,
that connecting locally is punished by a performance slowdown ?

Thanks
Pascal Van Puymbroeck
ZENON productions bvba

pgsql-admin by date