Re: I dunno ... should I go?

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: I dunno ... should I go?
Date: 2005-02-04 22:34:27
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 1/25/2005 10:13 PM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Josh Berkus wrote:
>
>> Folks:
>>
>> =================
>> Register Now for the
>> 2005 MySQL Users Conference
>> April 18-21 in Santa Clara, CA
>> http://mysqluc.com/
>> =================
>>
>> I'd kinda like to go, except I don't want to add to their attendance
>> figures ...
>
> Too bad you couldn't set up a booth :) We (PgSQL Inc) party crashed an
> Oracle Openworld that way several years back .. got some odd looks, but
> alot of questions ;)

Just back from the Solutions Linux in Paris. Of course did I stroll by
the MySQL booth, and promptly got dragged into some discussions. Long
story short, MySQL and PostgreSQL tried to present each other as
"complimentary" rather than "competitive".

If that is the spirit, why not trying to get a booth there?

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #