Re: float4 regression test failed on linux parisc

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Jim Buttafuoco <jim(at)contactbda(dot)com>,pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: float4 regression test failed on linux parisc
Date: 2005-02-01 18:06:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Jim Buttafuoco" <jim(at)contactbda(dot)com> writes:
>
>>I am getting a float4 regression test failure.  I have extracted the SQL from both the float4 and float8 tests below.
>>Both should return NAN
>

>>I looked at the code,  The float4div does the operation as float8's then checks the value.  The value is a valid
>>float8 NAN.  The call to CheckFloat4Val is missing a cast back to float4.  If I put the cast in I get the expected
>>results (NAN).
>

> This report is about as clear as mud :-(.  What platform is this, and

I believe the parisc platform is the HP 9000 series. Probably running
Debian.

http://parisc-linux.org

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> what source code change are you proposing *exactly* ?
>
> 			regards, tom lane

Command Prompt, Inc., your source for PostgreSQL replication,
professional support, programming, managed services, shared
and dedicated hosting. Home of the Open Source Projects plPHP,
plPerlNG, pgManage,  and pgPHPtoolkit.
Contact us now at: +1-503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com