Instructions for FreeBSD ipc config showing age

From: Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)coretech(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Instructions for FreeBSD ipc config showing age
Date: 2005-01-31 21:55:51
Lists: pgsql-docs
A recent mailing on the -perf list highlighted that the docs concerning
ipc configuration are a bit out for date for FreeBSD.

The attached patch separates out FreeBSD from Open/NetBSD, and shows how
to change settings via sysctl w/o a kernel rebuild. Any thoughts?

BTW I suspect that both Open and NetBSD are in need of an update too,
however I don't have any installations of such to experiment on.

regards

Mark

pgsql-docs by date

Subject: Re: doc change request (7.4.6, reference section, grant)