Re: 7.4.6 pg_dump failed

From: Marty Scholes <marty(at)outputservices(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.4.6 pg_dump failed
Date: 2005-01-26 16:32:06
Lists: pgsql-admin

The table contains postscript documents. My company prints and mails
about 50,000 pages of invoices each day for a customer. We are
experimenting with putting up a 7 year web based document archive for
their customers to cut mailing costs and make it easier for their
customers to take advantage of early pay discounts. The archive might
also be used for the customer service reps at the call centers.

I was able to truncate the table since this is experimental and most of
the data can be reconstructed after the upgrade to 8.0. The TEXT field
contains the postscript of each document. Some invoices are 10,000+
pages. The largest one I recall was about 200 MB in size.

If we do get this project rolling under Pg, I will still have the issue
with dumping. Perhaps it was the -d option that caused it. I
appreciate the feedback.

Marty