Re: Segmentation fault

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: Vasilev Max <max(at)stranger-team(dot)ru>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org,Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>,Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault
Date: 2005-01-25 20:18:41
Lists: pgadmin-support
Vasilev Max wrote:
> Ian Barwick wrote:
>> This is the problem described here:
>> Removing the package named "gtk-qt-engine" or similar solved the
>> problem for me.
> If i removed package gtk-qt-engine then pgadmin start correctly.
> Thank you.
> But,  that's not good, because other software work with this package
> normally.

did you read the content of the page referenced [1] by Ian ? If not,
take a look at it, you'll see that I had a bug [2] opened at
which came to the conclusion it was not a pgAdmin bug but a
gtk-qt-engine one... pgAdmin is *not* the only app crashing with this
package. For Debian testing distribution it has been solved by a new
upstream release... For Suse, I think your best bet is to build the new
upstream yourself or maybe to file a bugreport for it. Note that you may
also workaround this crash by changing your preferences for gtk-qt-engine.

@Dave,Andreas: is down from here, maybe it would be
worth adding this crash condition to the known bug which are not
pgAdmin's ones on the site.