Re: for your approval, changes to the existing SRA description at

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: for your approval, changes to the existing SRA description at
Date: 2005-01-25 15:15:20
Lists: pgsql-www
Robert Bernier wrote:
<snip>
>>Hmmm... not sure here.  In Australia, the term "Wingnut" has a meaning
>>associated with someone who is crazy (not in any kind of good way) and
>>not someone to be associated with.
>
> It used to be true in Canada back in the 60's but the term fell out of disuse.
> The fact of the matter is that this is the name of the project. It was coined
> after one of the SRA seniour execs had a meeting with Stallman back in the
> 80's. If it's lasted this long and not been commented upon then why change it
> now?

Heh, I was just pointing it out in case it was important.  :)

If you feel the entry is suitable, I can't see anything wrong with it.

Do you have commit access to the right CVS repository?  (Might be Robert
Treat's thing)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--
"One who sees the invisible can do the impossible."
  + Frank Gaines