Re: Concurrent free-lock

From: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jharris(at)tvi(dot)edu>
To: Pailloncy Jean-Gerard <jg(at)rilk(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Concurrent free-lock
Date: 2005-01-24 15:35:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Lock free data structures are cool... but not really applicable to
databases. They have a high maintenance overhead, severe complexity,
and will fail when there are many concurrent inserts/deletes to the
structure. I messed with them a year or so ago, and that's what I found
in every implementation.