permissions problem?

From: ann hedley <ann(dot)hedley(at)ed(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: permissions problem?
Date: 2005-01-20 10:21:39
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi

I'm trying to insert values into a table with a perl script.  I know the
script works with another database but it doesn't work with eandreibase,
can anyone tell me why?

I don't get any error messages and the insert commands work manually so
I think it must be a permissions thing.

The database was created by a perl script being run by ann and it is
owned by ann.

psql -l
         List of databases
    Name     |  Owner   | Encoding
-------------+----------+-----------
 eandreibase | ann      | SQL_ASCII

I (ann) created the table for the inserted data myself (domain table) an
when I checked the access privileges this table had none.

eandreibase=# \z
  Access privileges for database "eandreibase"
 Schema |   Table    |     Access privileges
--------+------------+---------------------------
 public | blast      | {=,ann=arwdRxt,webuser=r}
 public | blast_go   | {=,ann=arwdRxt,webuser=r}
 public | domain     |
 public | p4e_hsp    | {=,ann=arwdRxt,webuser=r}
 public | physprop   | {=,ann=arwdRxt,webuser=r}
(14 rows)

 'grant all on domain to ann'  has changed the access privileges but
still the perl script, run by ann, doesn't insert any values.

eandreibase=# \z domain
Access privileges for database "eandreibase"
 Schema | Table  | Access privileges
 public | domain | {=,ann=arwdRxt}

--
Ann

"In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates ?"
                                                           (unknown)

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Sean DavisDate: 2005-01-20 11:13:17