Bug: Transaction still open after error when autocommit=true

From: Daniel Migowski <dmigowski(at)ikoffice(dot)de>
To: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Bug: Transaction still open after error when autocommit=true
Date: 2011-12-22 21:09:43
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

There is a problem with the JDBC 3 driver for PostgreSQL 9.1 (and maybe others, but the 8.3 drivers don't show this bug):

If I send a statement with a BEGIN token and something that fails, the database connection stays in "transaction error" mode, even if autocommit is on! This should not be if I read the specs, especially because in autocommit mode doing a rollback() throws an exception!

A small demo for the bug is attached.

Thanks for your great work btw.!

Regards,
Daniel Migowski

Attachment Content-Type Size
DBErrorsAndTheConnectionPoolTest.java application/octet-stream 2.1 KB