Re: An I/O error occured while sending to the backend.

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Stephen McConnell <mcconnell_stephen(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: An I/O error occured while sending to the backend.
Date: 2005-01-15 07:21:12
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Exception: java.io.IOException: Stream closed
> Stack Trace:
> java.io.IOException: Stream closed

> Others have said this is a TCP/IP problem with a firewall, but it's
> pretty apparent that since I'm accessing "localhost"
> (jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/test_database) that It's not a
> "firewall" problem UNLESS there's a problem with the Windoz XP
> firewall.

No, it doesn't look like a firewall problem -- that usually manifests as
a connection refused or a connection reset by peer. This looks like the
driver is closing the connection itself, but not invalidating the
connection. I'd suspect an earlier error on the connection is causing this.

Do you have a complete testcase I can try?

-O