Has anybody tried porting PostgreSQL to a "stack machine" or "accumulator machine"?

From: Benjamin Arai <barai(at)cs(dot)ucr(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Has anybody tried porting PostgreSQL to a "stack machine" or "accumulator machine"?
Date: 2005-01-14 02:13:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Has anybody tried porting PostgreSQL to a "stack machine" or
"accumulator machine"?

More specifically, how specialized is the source code in PostgreSQL,
would it be possible to port the PostgreSQL source to a older version of
GCC?  There are some stack and accumulator based machines that contain
stripped down versions of GCC, so I am trying to figure out if I should
attempt to port the source or if its not possible.

Benjamin Arai
barai(at)cs(dot)ucr(dot)edu