Setting Up Clustering for Postgres

From: John Allgood <john(at)turbocorp(dot)com>
To: psql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Setting Up Clustering for Postgres
Date: 2005-01-13 17:00:38
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello Folks

I am looking for some advice. I am building a Dual Opteron Cluster
using Redhat ES 3.0 x86_64 and Redhat Cluster Services this is a
failover solution. I am using a Kingston Infostation for the shared data
storage. I am nearly to the point of building the filesystems on the
Data Storage. First of all has anyone got experience on building this
type of cluster and how did you accomplish this. I have been reading in
the Redhat Cluster Admin guide and it is talking about after I create my
partitions then create rawdevices for the newly created partitions. Is
this something I need to do or do I just create regular filesystems on
these partitions. Please any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

John Allgood - ESC
Systems Administrator