Re: pgAdmin on Mac OS X

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: leon-pg(at)comvision(dot)com
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin on Mac OS X
Date: 2005-01-11 22:19:09
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
leon-pg(at)comvision(dot)com wrote:
> Hi, everyone! I'm new here.
>
> Adam, thanks for the build instructions. I was excited to see pgAdmin
> finally running on my Powerbook! I was able to connect to my db server,
> although I had to tab to the password field, which was below the bottom
> of the Connect dialog. The program seems to be usable AFAICT.

Hi Leon,

apparently the wx for mac has some problems with font/dialog unit
handling, which must be fixed in wx, not pgadmin. pgadmin is designed
quite carefully to resize according to any font used (as long as the
font is designed correctly), and works fine under win32 and gtk.

If you can spend some time checking into this topic, please check the wx
samples, especially the xrc sample. I can provide you with some test
files in the next days, to dig further.

Regards,
Andreas