Re: Pervasive PostgreSQL Announcement

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pervasive PostgreSQL Announcement
Date: 2005-01-11 19:32:45
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
>>trademark).  My suggestion, whether you accept it or not, is to
>>formally resolve this before the next guy that is trying to be on
>>the right side of the community and the law shows up.
>

> I think this is an excellent suggestion.  (And by the way, your
> public interest in PostgreSQL is welcomed, at least by me.)

Just FYI, I would be surprised if at this point the trademark was
enforceable on any level. IANAL but the trademark hasn't been enforced
once as far as I know since it was created...

But I would agree that there definately needs to be some level of
statement for the use of the trademark.

SIncerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Command Prompt, Inc., your source for PostgreSQL replication,
professional support, programming, managed services, shared
and dedicated hosting. Home of the Open Source Projects plPHP,
plPerlNG, pgManage,  and pgPHPtoolkit.
Contact us now at: +1-503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com