Re: [BUGS] More SSL questions..

From: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>,pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] More SSL questions..
Date: 2005-01-05 22:30:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
Magnus Hagander wrote:

>If we want to "play nice" in the windows world, we should definitly
>*not* put things directly in %USERPROFILE%. And if we're ever going to
>change it, now is the time.
>I would like to see all these files moved into <appdatadir>\PostgreSQL\
>or %USERPROFILE%\PostgreSQL\ (Appdata is obviously the nicest).
>We might want to consider removing the leading-dot on those files too -
>some Widnows tools go nuts on that. (most don't, but some do). And it
>doesn't accomplish anything (like it does on Unix) other than confusing
>the user. If it's not too much work.

The problem with Appdata is that it's a hidden folder.  Are we storing
files here that we expect the user to be able to get to easitly and edit
often?  It may still be the best option, but I thought I would rasise
that point.  The other option is to put most of this data into the
registrty.

BTW I have a few folders like %USERPROVILE%\.Application from windows
ports of Unix apps like the GIMP.