Re: problema para conectar a un servidor

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: Milton inostroza <minoztro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problema para conectar a un servidor
Date: 2004-12-30 16:28:32
Lists: pgadmin-support

Milton inostroza wrote:
> Hola lista:

Hello,

please post in english.

> Saben soy nuevo en esto y tengo el siguiente problema:
>
> He creado el usuario y la base de datos respectiva pero cuando entro a
> pgadmin3 y pongo conectar al servidor e ingreso los datos necesarios
> me sale el siguiente error:
>
> Ha ocurrido un error:
>
> Error connecting to the server: FATAL: la autentificación IDENT falló
> para el usuario "minoztro"

Although I don't talk a word of spanish (you are speaking spanish isn't
it?) the error message above is due to a misconfiguration between
pgAdmin and postgresql server.

Try to edit the "pg_hba.conf" file (maybe in /etc/postgresql, its
location is buildtime dependant) and try to add a line like this:
host all minoztro 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 md5

Please put this line on top of the pg_hba.conf.

Then reload your postmaster: pkill -HUP postmaster
("/etc/init.d/postgresql reload" if you are using Debian)

> no sé lo que podrá ser, por favor necesito vuestra ayuda, muchas gracias!!

HTH.

Regards,
Raphaël