Re: Open connections

From: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
To: Nico <nicohmail-postgresql(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Open connections
Date: 2004-12-28 13:09:52
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Nico,

this is somewhat problematic, the only way to do this is to use the unix
tool ps to determine the number of processes.

A much better way to do this is to use a robust connection pool like
dbcp from apache, which will manage your connections for you.

Dave

Nico wrote:

>I would like to know how many connections are open at a certain time from a
>servlet, so I can anticipate connection errors. How do I do that?
>
>Nico.

>      subscribe-nomail command to majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org so that your

Dave Cramer
http://www.postgresintl.com
519 939 0336
ICQ#14675561