Re: 8.0 rc2 Problem

From: Peter Childs <blue(dot)dragon(at)blueyonder(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.0 rc2 Problem
Date: 2004-12-27 17:14:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:

>Peter Childs <blue(dot)dragon(at)blueyonder(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
>

>>2. I loaded out 7.4 database on via a dump and reload. Once done I keep
>>getting errors when it trys to analyse (I'm using autovacuum) Nothing
>>unsuall just a straght forward pg_dump from 7.4 loaded into 8.0.
>>

>>Dec 27 07:34:45 ex37 postgres[5745]: [28-1] ERROR: could not access
>>status of transaction 2684354560
>>

>Is this repeatable if you start over (re-initdb and reload)? If so I'd
>be very interested to see the dump file.
>
> regards, tom lane

I've dumped twice and reloaded twice same problem both times. Its
difficult to let you see the dump as due to Data Protection. I re-inited
once and reloaded just to check. I'll try a dump without data and see if
that causes the same problem If that fails I'll can send you that. Then
I might try adding data for tables that are not a risk.
I'll do it tomarrow now, as I'm off as my Wife had a baby yestarday.

Peter Childs