Re: Bugs in comment moderation scripts

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Steve Simms <steve(at)deefs(dot)net>
Cc: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bugs in comment moderation scripts
Date: 2004-12-24 16:36:35
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

Steve Simms wrote:
> Looking at what's in CVS, it looks like there's a step missing. When you
> reject a comment, it puts together an E-Mail to the person who submitted it
> saying "Your comment was rejected from PostgreSQL manual" with the body
> "Insert a semi-friendly explanation here \n The original comment follows".

No, there's no step missing, I expected someone to put a "canned" answer
in this place.

I don't think it's worth the effort to write an explanation for every
spam piece added via our comment interface. The better approach would be
to add a prominent warning to comment form and send a "you violated our
comment guidelines"-type email on comment rejection.