Re: Web mirrors

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>,"Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Web mirrors
Date: 2004-12-24 09:05:48
Lists: pgsql-www
Hi,

Dave Page wrote:
>>may be before any sanction better explain how to properly configure
>>mirror ? I just tried to find out any instruction on new server but
>

> I *think* you need something like:
>
> <Directory /path/to/docroot>
>     AllowOverride All
> </Directory>

I think this is a bit too much,

<Directory /path/to/docroot>
     AllowOverride Options
</Directory>
will be enough if we provide our own .htaccess, and
<Directory /path/to/docroot>
     Options MultiViews
</Directory>
will be sufficient if we do not.

.htaccess should look like this:
Options MultiViews
AddDefaultCharset utf-8

> And mod_rewrite needs to be enabled. If someone can confirm that is the
> case ASAP, I will email all the mirror owners tomorrow and ask them to
> make sure that is in their config so at least as many as possible work
> for the time being.

IIRC we use mod_rewrite only on dynamic website. It is not needed on static mirrors.