Re: Quote for 'featured user' box and testimonial

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)alcove(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Quote for 'featured user' box and testimonial
Date: 2004-12-23 23:35:09
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi Gavin,

For the front page quote, is shortening Mark's short version even
further ok? Something like:

"My firm chose PostgreSQL to replace a legacy Oracle system on a
national high-traffic database driven website. Choosing PostgreSQL has
paid off for us and our client, and it is our database of choice for web
application development."

I think it flows better and doesn't sound over-technical. What do you
reckon?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Gavin Sherry wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I contacted Mark and asked for a quote (see below). I liked this one
> because he moved off Oracle and had such a positive experience with
> PostgreSQL.
>
> Omar: can we make the featured user box on the front page rotate. I know
> that the actual pages we see are static but that's okay. Perhaps we could
> re-generate the front page every x minutes.
>
> Also, I'll start putting together a testimonials page too.
>
> Gavin

"One who sees the invisible can do the impossible."
+ Frank Gaines