Re: FW: Couple of minor tweaks

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: FW: Couple of minor tweaks
Date: 2004-12-22 19:27:53
Lists: pgsql-www
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> It was decided not to include this since plperl is included with the
>> main distribution.
>

> Is there a list of what comes with the main distribution? That would
> probably resolve the issue.

To follow this up... We should probably say something like:

PostgreSQL is a complete database server system. With your download you
will receive the core PostgreSQL system and additional modules which
include:

plPerl
plPgsql
plPython

Also the core package includes user contributed packages such as:

TSearch2 - Full Text indexing
Tablefuncs - Function for performing tasks such as crosstab
Start-Scripts - Startup script for various *nix platforms...

You get the idea... We probably don't want to include ALL of contrib
as there is some stuff in there that just doesn't need to be listed.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Command Prompt, Inc., home of PostgreSQL Replication, and plPHP.