Re: Heads up: RC2 this evening

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Heads up: RC2 this evening
Date: 2004-12-21 02:31:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>>here's what is in /usr/lib/tclConfig.sh - maybe there's a clue in there
>>- or maybe it's just a problem with the Cygwin-supplied package - I have
>>deliberately not tried to fix this by installing my own build of tcl.
>>

>The Cygwin-supplied package is evidently broken beyond belief.
>configure is correctly copying these settings from tclConfig.sh, but the
>data therein is wrong (or at least useless).  If tclConfig.sh doesn't
>provide usable information, that is not our problem to fix.

I am abandoning further effort altogether, because of this:

adunstan: ~/tcl8.4.9/win
$ ./configure --enable-shared
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for ar... ar
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for windres... windres
checking for Cygwin environment... yes
configure: error: Compiling under Cygwin is not currently supported.
A maintainer for the Cygwin port of Tcl/Tk is needed. See the README
file for information about building with Mingw.

cheers

andrew