Re: buildfarm improvements

From: Reini Urban <rurban(at)x-ray(dot)at>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: buildfarm improvements
Date: 2004-12-19 01:07:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan schrieb:
> I have implemented several requested improvements, which I hope will
> prove useful. Since this whole piece of work exists for the benefit of
> the pg developers, I'm posting some info here.
>
> The latest version includes these features:
>
> . the log page shows the system type near the top
> "OS/Compiler/Architecture"
> . the log page shows the script configuration data (other than the
> password) and including the script version number
> . the changed files list(s) on the log page include CVS revision numbers.
>
> An example showing all these can be seen at
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=dog&dt=2004-12-17%2021:06:01
>
> Constructive comments welcome as always.

Good.

What I also miss is the successful output of the make test step.

Something like the Log in "Details", just behind an additional request.
"Config" =>
Log
Link to "Details"

Without those details one doesn't trust the presented result.
He might think that only the build was successful, and not the make test
step also.
People I redirect to this page from other projects, not reading the
status pages everyday.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/