Re: buildfarm improvements

From: Reini Urban <rurban(at)x-ray(dot)at>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: buildfarm improvements
Date: 2004-12-19 01:07:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan schrieb:
> I have implemented several requested improvements, which I hope will
> prove useful. Since this whole piece of work exists for the benefit of
> the pg developers, I'm posting some info here.
> The latest version includes these features:
> . the log page shows the system type near the top
> "OS/Compiler/Architecture"
> . the log page shows the script configuration data (other than the
> password) and including the script version number
> . the changed files list(s) on the log page include CVS revision numbers.
> An example showing all these can be seen at
> Constructive comments welcome as always.

What I also miss is the successful output of the make test step.

Something like the Log in "Details", just behind an additional request.
"Config" =>
   Link to "Details"

Without those details one doesn't trust the presented result.
He might think that only the build was successful, and not the make test
step also.
People I redirect to this page from other projects, not reading the
status pages everyday.
Reini Urban