Re: pg_live

From: Guillaume LELARGE <gleu(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
To: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_live
Date: 2004-12-15 19:29:36
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Hi,

Robert Bernier wrote:
> It will feature a live working postgres 8.0, updated documentation and will include the windows installer with binary. As well, pg_live will contain a complete set of diagnostic utilities for system and network administration to serve as an emergency boot CD.
>
> The idea is to have the CD ready for Linux World (Boston) 2005. However, if I can get some assistance from the community, I would like to make it compatible for the Solutions Linux that will be held in Paris this coming February too by getting the documentation translated into the appropriate languages.

If I can help you in any ways, just tell me.

I'm translating the PostgreSQL manual in french and hope to finish it at
the end of this year. Unfortunately, I'm translating the 7.4.0 release,
not 8.0. I don't think I can translate 8.0 before Solutions Linux... but
  it would be pretty cool :)

If you want to build a french CD, 8.0 will be the first PostgreSQL
release to be completely translated in french. I'm also doing the
translation of pginstaller. I hope to be able to send it to
pginstaller's mainteners by the end of the week.

> SRA America and Afilias are both playing a part, i.e. money for pressing the CDs.
>
> I will be making available the iso image to the community when all is ready.

That would be great, thank you.

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/