Unresolved external: tgetent

From: Christoph Haller <ch(at)rodos(dot)fzk(dot)de>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Unresolved external: tgetent
Date: 2004-12-08 12:50:59
Lists: pgsql-sql

I doubt this is the right list, but it's the only one I'm subscribed to,

so please, if one of the core members is reading this, forward it to the
right one.

I have successfully compiled and installed 7.4.5 yesterday.
After doing 'make' I saw the line "Ready to install".
template1=# select version();
version
'tgetent',
dating from 1997 to 2004, all having the same problem,
the missing '-ltermcap' in LIBS in src/Makefile.global.

After distclean and doing configure LIBS="-ltermcap" ...
and make again it finally worked.

In http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2001-09/msg00023.php
Peter Eisentraut writes
> LIBS = -lz -lresolv -lcompat -lm -lutil -ltermcap -lreadline

That's a good fix.

The current CVS tip also works around this problem.

But the 7.4.5 src/Makefile.global still has this:
LIBS = -lz -lreadline -lPW -lgen -lBSD -ldld -lnsl -lm

So it appears this fix must have been lost anywhere.

Regards, Christoph