Re: Patch for jdbc escaped functions

From: "Xavier Poinsard" <xpoinsard(at)free(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch for jdbc escaped functions
Date: 2004-12-08 09:53:56
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Kris Jurka wrote:
>>- soundex and difference (based on phonetics and I saw nothing like that
>>in PostgreSql)
> contrib/fuzzystrmatch has something along these lines. We can't assume
> that's installed naturally and dynamically checking for it seems
> excessive, but perhaps we could put in the mapping if someone wants to use
> it, but just not report it in the DatabaseMetaData function?

done.

> This is a serious problem. Duplicating the argument and erroring out is
> bad, and switching argument order and giving incorrect results is worse.
> How many functions does this affect. Remapping could be done, but it
> seems like a lot of work.

since only three functions are affected : insert, locate et right
I removed them from the supported list, but left the implementation.
I will document this later.

> Another issue is that this doesn't compile with a 1.2 or 1.3 JDK because
> of the code in AbstractJdbc2Statement.escapeFunction that calls
> Exception.getCause which is a 1.4 addition.

Fixed

> One other minor thing I noticed is that 7.2 servers do not have the
> current_database function. This is a very minor thing, but I'm not sure
> what the best way to work around it is because right now the regression
> test suite does pass against a 7.2 server and I'd like to keep it that
> way.

I only report it as supported for >=7.3 and same for the tests.

Additionnaly I rewrote the messages to reduce translation effort.

Xavier Poinsard.

Attachment Content-Type Size
escapedfunctions4.diff.gz application/x-gzip 7.7 KB