Unable to install PostgreSQL 8 Beta5 trough the Remote Desktop Connection

From: Reinaldo Picone <reinaldopicone(at)allbynet(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Unable to install PostgreSQL 8 Beta5 trough the Remote Desktop Connection
Date: 2004-12-07 12:16:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
Hello,

I have a server in a datacenter and I am unable to install PostgreSQL 8
Beta5 trough the Remote Desktop Connection. I already tried the /console
option. Does any body have any tip? Can  I install it manually?

"This is unfortunatwly so. The PostgreSQL backend won't run from a TS
session, and in order to do initdb the installer has to start a
standalone backend. Therefore, installation has to be performed from the
console. Note that if you are using Windows Server 2003, you can get
remote access to the actual console and not just an administrative
session. To do this, start the Remote Desktop Connection by executing
/mstsc /console/, and then connect as usual. This will lock the local
console of the server and give you control over that session. In this
scenario, PostgreSQL should install just fine."

[]'s Picone

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Subject: Re: [Linker Error] Unresolved external