Re: Press FAQ/Volunteer FAQ

From: Shridhar Daithankar <ghodechhap(at)ghodechhap(dot)net>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Press FAQ/Volunteer FAQ
Date: 2004-12-07 09:22:38
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Hi,

Josh Berkus wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I'd like some help on writing up a FAQ for the regional contacts for the 8.0
> release to avoid accidentially giving the press bad facts or putting our
> people on the spot.  Can folks please comment on it with
> corrections/additions?
>
> http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/26/press_FAQ.txt
>
> This will also become part of our new press page at www.postgresql.org when
> the new site goes up.

I thought of few on my own. They are not exactly related to new release etc.
but these could be thrown by new users. It would be better if all the press
contacts could sing the same tune.

These needs to be elaborated though. I have just chalked out few points from a
newbie-postgresql user's POV.

--------
Q: Tell me about the native Windows support
A: - It's new.
    - It is available only on Windows 2000 or better.
    - It is expected to be fully functional.
    - Performance *may* not be as good as Unix/PostgreSQL.
    - Test before you use.
    - Remember, it is new.

Q: What are the GUI tools available for PostgreSQL